DILWORTH LUTHERAN CHURCH
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any given time. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes. We advise you to frequently visit this page. If at any point in time Dilworth Lutheran Church decides to make use of any personally identifiable information on file, in a manner vastly different from that which was stated when this information was initially collected, the user or users shall be promptly notified by email. Users at that time shall have the option as to whether to permit the use of their information in this new manner.
This Policy applies to Dilworth Lutheran Church and governs any, and all data collection and usage by us through the use of www.dilworthlutheran.org. You are therefore consenting to the data collection procedures expressed in this Policy.
Specifically, this Policy will inform you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through our website
- Why we collect personally identifiable information and the legal basis for such collection
- How we use the collected information and with whom it may be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data
- The security procedures in place to protect against the misuse of your information
Information We Collect
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us. If you decide not to do so online, you may provide this information in person. This website collects voluntarily provided information which may include your name, address, email address, and credit card information which may be used when you purchase products and/or register for services offered by Dilworth Lutheran.
Information automatically collected when visiting our website; which may include cookies, third-party tracking technologies, and server logs.
In addition, Dilworth Lutheran Church may have the occasion to collect non-personal anonymous demographic information, such as the type of browser you are using, IP address, or type of operating system, which will assist us in providing and maintaining superior quality service.
Please rest assured that this site will only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide to us by way of surveys, completed membership forms, event registrations, and emails. It is the intent of this site to use personal information only for the purpose for which it was requested, and any additional uses specifically provided for in this Policy.
Why We Collect Information and For How Long
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To register you, and/or your child/ren for events, studies, and/or classes offered through Dilworth Lutheran Church
- To send you emails containing church-related information we related to events and functions offered by Dilworth Lutheran Church
- To contact you to fill out surveys or participate in other types of research related to the interests of the church and what it offers
- To customize our website according to new trends in worship-related ministries
The data we collect from you will be stored for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain said information would be determined based on the following criteria:
- The length of time your personal information remains relevant
- The length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations
- Any limitation periods within which claims might be made
- Any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies, or associations
- The type of contract we have with you, the existence of your consent, and our legitimate interest in keeping such information as stated in this Policy
Use of Information Collected
Dilworth Lutheran Church does not and will not sell, rent or lease any of its members’/visitors’ data to any third parties now or in the future.
Dilworth Lutheran Church may collect and may make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our website and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of other possible products, events, and/or services that may be available to you from Dilworth Lutheran Church.
Dilworth Lutheran Church may also be in contact with you with regards to completing surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services that may be offered.
Dilworth Lutheran Church uses various third-party social media features including but not limited to Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and other interactive programs. These may collect your IP address and require cookies to work properly. These services are governed by the privacy policies of the providers and are not within Dilworth Lutheran Church’s control.
Disclosure of Information
Dilworth Lutheran Church may not use or disclose the information provided by you except under the following circumstances:
- As necessary to provide services or products you have ordered
- In other ways described in this Policy or to which you have otherwise consented
- As required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant
- To outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential
- As necessary to enforce the Terms of Service
- As necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of Dilworth Lutheran Church.
Dilworth Lutheran Church greatly respects your privacy. We maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, and/or changes in Dilworth Lutheran Church services and policies. In certain circumstances, we may use our website, bulletins, or social media to post these notices.
Children under the age of 18
Dilworth Lutheran Church’s website is not directed to, and does not knowingly, collect, or use personally identifiable information of children under the age of eighteen (18) without expressed written consent from the child’s parent/guardian. If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected or used without permission, we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system’s database and website/social media platforms, or in the alternative, that verifiable parental consent is obtained for the use and storage of such information.
Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
All users and visitors to our website have the option to discontinue receiving communications from us by way of email or newsletters. To discontinue or unsubscribe from our website please send an email that you wish to unsubscribe to email@example.com. If you wish to unsubscribe or opt out from any third-party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe or opt-out. Dilworth Lutheran Church will continue to adhere to this Policy concerning any personal information previously collected.
Links to Other Websites
Dilworth Lutheran Church takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (e.g. credit card information), that information is encrypted and securely transmitted to us. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “HTTPS” at the beginning of the address of the webpage.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers and servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. This is all done to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of the user’s personal information under our control.
Dilworth Lutheran uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for authentication and private communications to build users’ trust and confidence in the internet and website use by providing simple and secure access and communication of credit cards and personal information. In addition, Dilworth Lutheran is a licensee of TrustedSite and is also secured by Verify Security, a security protocol provided through GoDaddy Website Security and Firewall Monitoring Service.
Acceptance of Terms
How to contact us
Mailing Address: Dilworth Lutheran Church
406 3rd St. NE
Dilworth, MN 56529